Saturday, August 1, 2009

LAUGHTER

by Maningning Miglat

At first, I thought this poem talks about happiness because of the title "laughter" yet as I read it, I realize that I'm wrong,It is about sadness and sorrow.
This poem is a story about a girl who had been left by his man, his love one.The laughter there hides what she really feel..the pain that the man gave him. His man leave him.At 2nd stanza, the man begged her not to keep memories, I think he wants her to forget everything about him but of course the girl can't do that easily because she loves him so much.The man didn't understand that it was him who makes the girl strong enough but then he left her.
It is very ironic, she laugh but she was really hurt.This poem makes the reader relate with the story, the author makes the reader feel what she felt during those time.









No comments:

Post a Comment